1. MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA FESTIVAL, COMPETITION FOR BEST SHORT FILMS is a short film competition which awards works that have never been distributed in any cinema. Works that have competed, received or won awards in other film festivals in Italy and abroad are eligible for the competition.
2. Participation in the Festival is open to filmmakers of all age and nationalities.
3. The competition’s sections are:
– International Fiction
– Italian Fiction
– International Animation
Italian fiction is dedicated to short films where at least the director or the producer are either Italian citizens, or resident in Italy. International Fiction is open to filmmakers of all the other nationalities, whereas International Animation is open to both Italian and International filmmakers.
4. The Festival was born eight years ago with the goal of supporting independent by giving them a chance of growth, publicity, and networking.
Moreover, to encourage the development of scripts with strong and realistic female characters, we have dedicated a special prize for the best scripted female character.
5. The short films presented must have a maximum duration of 15 minutes including the credits
6. Any works that contain pornographic or racist materials, propaganda, or themes concerning discrimination and/or inciting violence shall not be admitted to the MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA COMPETITION. Likewise, any materials that contain advertising, promotions, or de facto editorial, or narrate the entrepreneurial story of a person or company shall similarly be excluded. Identical principles apply to the credits of the works.
7. Each participating director has the opportunity to contribute to MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA with only one work per section.
8. If MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA requests a DVD of the short film for technical reasons for the final projection, the shipping costs for such delivery shall be borne by the participant. All documentation sent to take part in the pre-selection shall not be returned. The organization of MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA assumes no liability nor shall pay any refund to any director or to the persons represented, or the producer, or to any of the persons involved in the making of the short film in any capacity whatsoever, or for any damages to the media containing the works entered in MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA occurring during and/or after the selection.
9. All the short films sent to MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA shall be selected based on the sole discretion of a specific Pre-selection Jury.
10. The number of short films’ finalists, selected from all those received, both from national and international sources, shall be unquestionably established by the Pre-selection Jury. These films will be screened during the final days of MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA FESTIVAL, COMPETITION FOR BEST SHORT FILMS 8th edition. This short-list of films will be viewed by a jury made up of experts from the world of cinema, entertainment, culture, and journalism, who will have the final decision over each short film for either section and will also decide upon their position and award. The ceremony for awards will take place on the final day of MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA, on Sunday, October 27th, 2019.
11. MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA is authorized to freely project the selected short films in the context of related cultural events, in the current edition, or in any future one. The organization is still committed to requesting an official release to the director/author in the weeks before the projection.
12. The filmmakers and/or producers of the selected short films for the final day of MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA and candidates for the award will be duly notified so that they can be present on the final day. The selection and programming of screenings are the sole responsibility of the organizing committee.
13. The enrollment of one or more works in MOVIEVALLEY BAZZACINEMA implies the unconditional acceptance of this announcement in its entirety.
14. For any dispute, the Court of Bologna (Italy), shall have jurisdiction.
15. The Directors and/or Producers of the short films, responsible for the content of their works hereby declare that by entering the Festival they have fulfilled each and every obligation towards third parties arising from royalties, according to their national regulatory framework, and place of residence in the production of the short film.
16. Should the Directors and/or Producers decide to withdraw the participation of a film entered into the final program, they will be subject to a fine amounting to € 1,500.00 (one thousand five hundred euro) by way of damages.
17. The event organizers reserve the right to change the competition, prior publication on the Festival’s official website.